Boy oh boy did the holidays go FAST!!
We spent a lovely 2 weeks at the beach down in Robe, SA overlooking the bay of wonderful blue water & clear skies for most of the time. Weather was very mild with enough warm days for kids to swim & surf. We avoided an awful heat wave up here thankfully !!
Time for home and back to work with a vengeance. Yesterday we unloaded a huge shipment of new items. I’ve spent most of today unpacking and getting them on the website.
The first announcement is that Constantine Quilts are now bringing in the wonderful
The fine quality of Salem Cutting Mats is the result of years of testing. It is superior to others in many ways. It will withstand the hot sun or cold winters. Never warping or cracking after exposure to severe temperature change, these cutting mats can be rolled up for easy storage, put in the trunk of your car, and under normal room temperature, the "memory" will allow the mat to relax and return to its original flat state. This versatile translucent mat is tough enough to cut on, yet soft enough to pin into and extends the life your rotary cutting blades.
You can pin patterns and fabrics to the cutting mat to prevent slippage or crawling as you cut. The red 1" grid lines extend an inch beyond the numbers for reference points when fabric is covering the centre portion of the board. For tracing or designing patterns, place the cutting mat on top of a light table...its wonderful!
Mats are 1/8" thick and although not completely transparent, will allow light to pass through.
1. It is important to always cut with a sharp blade.
2. Use only quality rotary cutting blades. No not use art knives or Exacto type blades.
3. Be sure when cutting the rotary cutter is perfectly vertical to the fabric. Do not cut at an angle. This could cause the blade to mar into the mat.
4. Use a brown paper bag and lightly rub to clean any lint deposits.
The Salem Cutting Mats come in four popular sizes to cover any type projects. All mats are guaranteed against warping and cracking. Each is printed with 45 and 60 degree angle markings.
Visit the website to see the sizes we have available and the pricing on each.
There are lots of new books available as well. I will start with all the machine quilting books that are new to me. Next newsletter I’ll tell you all about the other books that are lots of fun!!
Quilting Designs from the Past by Jenny Carr Kinney
Make Your Quilts Look Like Antiques with Authentic Period Quilting Designs
• Over 300 historically accurate quilting designs, organized into four time periods to make it easy to find the right designs for your quilt
• Essential reference guide for anyone interested in vintage and antique quilts
• Designs for all skill levels, from beginner to advanced
• Use for hand or machine quilting
You've created a beautiful quilt top in the style of your favorite era. But how do you quilt it? This huge collection of historic quilting designs has the answer. With hundreds of designs gathered from old quilts, patterns, books, magazines, and other original sources, you'll find the perfect quilting design to make your quilt look like it was created generations ago.
24 Geometric Machine-Quilting Designs Made Easy
Create Beautiful Machine Quilting with Almost No Marking
• Sew these 24 graceful machine-quilting designs with ease on your home sewing machine, with almost no marking!
• An elegant alternative to stippling or meandering for all-over quilting, or give your quilt the look of Sashiko without the slow hand sewing
• Many designs can build into more intricate patterns by simply adding more lines
• Scalable patterns are easy to enlarge or reduce to fit even odd-shaped spaces
• Every design includes easy-to-follow instructions and stitched sample; some include full-page pattern
Whether you want to quilt a simple overall pattern or a show-stopping design for a competition, you'll love the elegance of these continuous-line designs. Stitching them is so easy: just sew one line of stitching at a time. Stitch some designs with feed dogs up, others with them down. Designs include cross-hatching, triangles, stars, clamshells, jigsaw puzzles, and many more.
186 designs from 8 simple shapes
Turn simple lines into fabulous designs! Start with basic loops, ovals, diamonds, triangles, and other familiar shapes and pair them in unique combinations to create dozens of block-based designs.
Step-by-step instructions, practice exercises, and loads of hints and tips make it easy to achieve great results. Now you can create your own quilting designs—they don’t have to be complicated or intricate to be effective!
A compendium of everything you need to know about that most essential of quilting notions thread! Sarah Ann Smith unravels the secrets behind how it's made, how to select the right thread for the right job, and how to use it to enhance your piecing, appliqué, and quilting. And not just thread! Learn about needles, machines, fabrics, stabilizers, marking tools, and more! Interspersed with the valuable nuts and bolts are small projects to put the information to work a needlekeeper and a thread tension sampler, to name just two. Sarah Ann's insights and tips will help you understand how and why certain tools and notions work best and when another option is a better choice.
The Intelliquilter is now available for Prodigy & Proto quilting machines....
If anyone is even contemplating purchasing an A1 Longarm quilting machine or an IntelliQuilter computerised system that will go on 'any' brand longarm machine, then don't hesitate to contact me!! Prices are subject to exchange rates at all times.
We have just had a large shipment of A1 machines arrive only yesterday, so enquire today for a quick delivery! Only 2 left…