I’m pleased to announce that I have secured the most amazing Binding Miter Tool from Jackie Robinson of Animas Quilts in the USA this week. Over 17 years ago I met Jackie online just after we got our first computer & connected to dial up internet. Amazingly, she & her husband were about to embark on a trip to Australia & just happened to be passing by our farm. So of course I invited them to stay here. That was the start of a great friendship. At that time she gave me one of her Binding Miter Tools & I have used it ever since.
After again demonstrating to a customer on how to achieve perfect mitres on both their 90deg corners as well as on a hexagon quilt I finally decided that I just had get some of these so that all Aussies can see just how easy it can be to achieve amazing results!
90° for squares and rectangles
120° for hexagons
135° for octagons and tablerunners
(instructions included with tool)
There is a video demo available as well here
Cost: $12- plus postage
This is another item that I have been using for about a year now. I first saw Jenny Doan using it from Missouri Star Quilt Co. & she raved over this when we hosted her at AMQ Festival in 2014, so thought that I might just ‘need’ this new iron. As it turns out I truly do love it! The power of the steam is simply amazing & has made such a different when doing lots of piecing.
The only iron with feet! Patented auto-lift system automatically lifts and lowers the iron at your touch.
Rapid and powerful heating, expanded steam coverage and an ultra premium Beadblast Chromium soleplate make the TG1100 Steam Iron ideal for frequent household use. Features Oliso’s patented, award-winning iTouch® technology which prevents scorching, accidental tipping and burns. It makes quick work of laundry piles and, best of all, reduces strain on wrists and shoulders caused by repetitive lifting. 2400 watts and powerful continuous, horizontal, and vertical steam make this a perfect tool for frequent pressing and ironing.
- iTouch® technology: Patented Scorchguards™ lift with the touch of your hand and lower when you’ve stopped ironing, preventing burns, scorching and tipping.
- Ergonomic: No more repetitive lifting; iron levitates above the fabric and lowers with the simple touch of your hand
- Quad Auto Shut-Off: 8 minute auto shut off. 30minute extended auto shut off for sewers. 30 seconds if knocked over.
- Anti-drip system: Prevents spitting and leaking while the iron is hot
- 5cm Pointed Detailer Tip: creates crisp pleats, pockets, cuffs and collars.
- Rapid Heating: 2400 watts of power
- OnePass™ Pressing: extra thick soleplate glides over fabric. Powerful vertical and horizontal steam removes the toughest wrinkles.
- Ultra Premium Soleplate: Beadblast chromium finish for effortless glide and durability, scratch resistant
- Tripleplay™ Xtremesteam: provides powerful steam in continuous, horizontal or vertical blasts
- Long 3.7metre” cord with a 360° pivot
- Extra large (376ml) water tank for heavy steam usage
- Water tank is side-loading for easy access
- Comes with large fill cup
- 2400 watts
Next is a product that I had sold out of for quilt awhile. Numerous requests for this means that it is now back in stock for you.
- Join your small pieces of batting.
- You no longer have any wasted batting.
- Works on cotton, wool, bamboo, 80/20 blends and polyester.
- So soft, you won’t know it’s there.
- Save time and save money.
*******************************************************I’d also like to give a big shout out to the Renmark Evening Star Quilters! They are hosting a magnificent day on the 19th March in Renmark for International Quilting Day. If you are attending this event (I understand there are over 200 quilters going) then you are in for a real treat with their program.
I am bringing my shop with me & will also be speaking on my journey in my business as well as expanding on learning opportunities available at the Australian Machine Quilting Festival in August held in Adelaide. 92 classes from 22 amazing International & National expert teachers.
If anyone wants me to bring anything special along then please let me know via email & I can put it on the ‘to pack’ list!
It would certainly save lots of $$ for heavy items like the cutting mats, irons & rulers!
Don’t forget that there is a 40% discount on all rulers currently as well. Simply enter ‘ruler clearance’ in the coupon code box & it will automatically adjust the prices.
Until next time… happy quilting!